The Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB) is an independent authority and highest decision-making body on all matters relating to tourism and its management in Bhutan. It regulates all tourism related activities in Bhutan. All the Bhutanese travel agencies & Bhutanese tour operators are registered with them, and they also fix the daily Bhutan tour prices and Bhutan Tourist Taxes or Bhutan Government Royalty.
Daily Tour Rate during the High Season-March, April, May, September, October and November:
- For a group of 3 persons or above, the minimum tour price US$ 250 per night per person
- For a group of 2 persons, the minimum tour cost is US$ 280 per night per person (daily tariff US $ 250 +surcharge US $ 30)
- For a lone traveler, the tour rate is US $ 290 per night per person (daily tariff US $ 250 +surcharge US $ 40)
Daily Tour Prices during the Low season- January, February, June, July, August and December:
- For a group of 3 persons or above, the tour cost is US$200 per night per person.
- For a group of 2 persons, the tour price is US$230 per night per person which is inclusive of surcharge of US$ 30 per night per person.
- For a single traveler, the tour rate is US$240 per night per person which is inclusive of surcharge of US$40 per night per person.
The above tour cost is inclusive of the following:
- Bhutan Government Royalty of US$65 per night per person
- Twin sharing hotel Rooms at 3 star hotels
- All Meals at 3 star hotels
- English speaking tour guides
- Refreshments (tea,coffee and snacks)
- All transfers and sightseeing/treks/tours within Bhutan
- Riding ponies and pack animals on treks
- Trekking equipment and haulage for trekking tours
- All entrance fees to museums and monuments
- All internal taxes and charges
- Mineral drinking water
The rates given above are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan. On the day of departure, Bhutan Travel Path’s obligation shall be limited to breakfast only.
The following is not included in the daily tourist tariff:
- Visa fee US $40 each (must be paid in advance with tour cost).
- Airfares (optional)
- Travel insurance (recommended but not available in Bhutan)
- Single Room supplements US$ 40 per room per night (optional)
- Other personal expenses, calls overseas, laundary, etc.
Discount on Tour Prices:
- There shall be no charge for CHILDREN up to the age of 5 years. However, those between the age of 6 to 12 years accompanied by elders/guardians shall be given a 50% discount on daily rates.
- Full time Students below the age of 25 years holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions shall also be given a 25% discount on daily rates
- A discount of 50% on daily rates shall be given to one person in a group of 11 to 15 persons.
- A 100% discount shall be given to one member in a group exceeding 16 persons.
- A discount of US$32.5/person/night from 9th night and a discount of US$65/person/night from 15th night.